ARM LIFT BRACHIOPLASTY
Arm Lift Surgery in Miami, Top Plastic Surgeons, Certified and Safe!
Arm Lift Brachioplasty Is a surgical procedure that: Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward. Tightens and smooths the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm. Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region. Many people who have lost weight or who are unhappy with their appearance choose to have a Arm Lift Brachioplasty to reshape the arm. Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise. Arm Lift Brachioplasty may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
What Is An Arm Lift?
It’s very important to understand all aspects of your arm lift procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon. Arm Lift, or Brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that:
- Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward.
- Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm.
- Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region.
Ideal Candidates for an Arm Lift
In general, arm lift candidates include:
- Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity.
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight.
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery.
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
Arm Lift Procedure Steps
- Medications are administered for your comfort during arm lift surgery. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
- Incision length and pattern during arm lift surgery depend on the amount and location of excess skin to be removed, as well as the best judgment of your plastic surgeon.
- Incisions are generally placed on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm, depending on the surgeon’s preference, and may extend from the underarm (axilla) to just above the elbow. Excess fat may be directly excised or treated with liposuction.
- Depending on your specific condition, incisions may be more limited. Then, underlying supportive tissue is tightened and reshaped with internal sutures. Finally, the skin is smoothed over the new contour of your arm.
Closing The Incisions
- Your incisions will be closed either with absorbable sutures, or stitches that will be removed within one to two weeks following your arm lift.
See The Results
- The smoother, tighter contours that result from brachioplasty are apparent almost immediately following your procedure, although there will likely be swelling and bruising. Get more information about arm lift surgery results.
Arm Lift Risks and Safety Information
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal, and you’ll have to decide if the benefits, risks and potential complications of arm lift surgery are acceptable. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure. Arm lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Poor wound healing
- Unsightly scarring
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles
- Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Pain, which may persist
- Sutures may not absorb, but spontaneously surface through the skin, causing irritation, drainage and redness
- Possible need for revisional surgery
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
Scheduling your free consultation is fast and easy. Click below to get started!
Need financing? Explore the comfortable financing options Xiluet Plastic Surgery offers to fit any budget