VARICOSE VEINS TREATMENT
Best Results on Varicose Veins or Spider Veins Treatment in Miami
Varicose Veins are known to be blood vessels that move and circulate blood from the body back into the heart and vice versa. When these veins become enlarged and twisted in a variety of directions that can be seen past the skin, they are called varicose veins. While varicose veins are known to be unpleasant and unappealing, they are most commonly located and found in the thighs and legs. Varicose veins treatment at Xiluet Plastic Surgery can help eliminate them and make your skin look younger and more beautiful.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Miami Varicose Veins. Age is one of the most significant factors that contribute to the appearance of varicose veins Miami. As you mature, vein elasticity can vanish, causing them to expand. Venous valves can become fragile, permitting blood that ought to be moving to the heart to flow into the wrong direction. Blood pools in the veins and the veins themselves also amplify and develop into varicose veins. Some expecting moms might also be prone to develop varicose veins. Although pregnancy can improve blood circulation, it can also cause blood to move from the legs to the pelvis. This cardiovascular change is designed to care for the developing fetus, but it can also generate unwanted side effects such as enlarged veins in the legs. Varicose veins might surface for the first time or they can degenerate during late pregnancy, when the uterus applies pressure on the veins in the legs.
Obesity is also another factor that can increase the chances of developing varicose veins or spider veins. Being overweight puts extra pressure on the veins can lead to the forming of varicose or spider vein. Lack of movement when standing or sitting for long periods of time can also be another contributing factor which makes the vein valves work harder to pump the blood against gravity towards the heart.
How Are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
In order for the doctor to diagnose a patient with varicose veins or a deep vein thrombosis, certain tests and examinations must be performed first. Patients will be asked about their medical history in order to rule out any possibilities of genetic or hereditary conditions. Your doctor will also examine your legs and noticeable veins and ask you about any symptoms you may be experiencing.One of the diagnosis tests performed includes duplex ultrasounds which consist of high frequency sound waves bouncing off the inside of the body and producing images of the blood vessels. These images are then seen by the radiologist in a computer. Another test performed is venography. This test allows the doctor to see the anatomy of the veins. Using a radioactive dye, the doctor will be able to see the highlighted veins on the x-ray and have a more accurate result.
How Much Does A Varicose Treatment Cost?
Varicose vein treatments can vary greatly, especially between surgical and non surgical treatments and techniques. This means that the cost of each of these treatments can vary as well. Fortunately, your insurance company can cover the costs of these treatments only if it is diagnosed as a health condition. Xiluet Plastic Surgery provides you with competitive prices depending on the type of procedure you choose.
How To Prevent Varicose Veins?
Most varicose and spider veins can be prevented. Some steps that will help to reduce the chances of getting new varicose and spider veins may include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight so your legs will not receive too much pressure.
- Wearing sunscreen to avoid excess sun exposure.
- Exercise on a regular basis to improve circulation and vein strength.
- Raise your legs when sitting down.
- Avoid sitting down for long periods of time, if you cannot, take a short walk every 30 minutes.
- A low sodium diet is highly recommended.
- Wear compressed stockings.
What Are The Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins do not generally come with any kind of pain or symptoms but do fortunately come with various signs indicating what is bound to happen. If you re experiencing or observing signs such as a heavy feeling in the legs or muscle cramps along with the itching of one or more veins, there are very high chances that varicose veins are forming underneath the surface of the skin. If you are beginning to see dark blue or purple veins in the leg area, chances are that they are varicose veins, especially if the veins appear tangled and twisted.
What Is The Treatment For Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can make some people feel insecure. Not only can these veins be unattractive, but they can also contribute to several health factors. Fortunately, there are several treatments available at Xiluet Plastic Surgery to treat these dark-colored, and ugly-looking twisted veins.
How Long Varicose Veins Remain After Treatment?
Treating varicose veins along with spider veins have shown to be very successful in the past. Throughout the years, patients will start noticing the fading and even disappearance of varicose veins beneath the skin. However, there is also a possibility that more veins can develop in the future since there is no cure for weak vein valves.
Nonsurgical Methods For Treating Varicose Veins
- Compression stockings: Compression stockings are very tight and elastic long socks that are worn in order to maintain pressure on the legs, compressing the limb. This pressure allows and aids blood flow and its speed through the body, reducing the diameter of the twisted rope like veins.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is one of the most popular varicose vein treatments in the world at the moment and it’s usually the treatment of choice for removing or treating these veins. Sclerotherapy involves the injection of an irritant into the body in order to cause inflammation, narrowing the vessel walls.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: Endovenous ablation is a noninvasive and nonsurgical treatment composed of the use of radiofrequency or laser light in order to burn or remove any enlarged veins in the legs that have become abnormally visible. This treatment can be performed in under an hour and does not involve pain. Xiluet Cosmetic Surgery offers this treatment approach to help you get rid of those stubborn-looking veins.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: An abulatory phlebectomy is a treatment that is highly recommended for individuals who have a large amount of varicose veins and can no longer walk on their own or wear compression garments. This treatment is executed by removing any and all possible superficial veins through small slits in the skin.
Surgical Approaches To The Treatment Of Varicose Veins
- Vein Stripping: This surgical approach to treating varicose veins consists of going under local or general anesthesia in order to get rid of the veins. This treatment consists of several incisions in the legs, possibly in the groin or upper leg area, in order to place a wire into the veins to help remove them.
- Small Incision Avulsion: Very similar to vein stripping, small incision avulsions can be performed by passing tiny hooks through the small incisions made in the leg in order to pull the veins and correct their placement until they are no longer visible beneath the skin. This procedure can be performed with or without vein stripping.
Scheduling your free consultation is fast and easy. Click below to get started!
Need financing? Explore the comfortable financing options Xiluet Plastic Surgery offers to fit any budget